- Books. The murky smell of used paperbacks, burnt brown pages with spines broken to dust. The pristine sharpness of a book fresh off the shelf, pearly and eager to hold their heart out to you. Stories that hold more of your attention than your real life quarrels. I live a double, triple, quadrupedal life through what I consume. I need to feed my imagination. You can be anything, dream anything, go anywhere with the flick of a page. You are never truly alone. Books offer comfort and horror, laughter and melancholy, love and exhilaration. Books are fucking brilliant and that’s why i love them.
- I also love green tea, black coffee, water and milkshakes. In particular, banana or chocolate. These are my favourite drinks that keep me and my body at peace.Cheers to that.
- Harry Potter. Reference back to no.1 to fully understand that each character is real in every sense. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home, after all.
- Art. Egon Schiele is a favourite. I love illustrations of women, in particular. Like Sally Nixon’s work, which is wonderful. I often draw from the photos on The Nu Project, which offer a great source of inspiration. Also, it helps me like my body a little more.
- Writing. I’m a mumbling, bumbling fool but to release my own ideas, no matter how incoherent, into the world through words is a blessing.
Some things i enjoy, in order to not go completely insane. What about you?